Visas and Residence Permits

A travel medical insurance is compulsory when travelling to the Schengen area on a C visa. According to the Schengen Visa Code as of 6 April 2010 a valid travel insurance has to be submitted together with the application. The travel medical insurance could be valid for the duration of travel. Read more

Below you will find updated information about Svalbard and conditions for visiting and staying on Svalbard. You can also find a checklist for document requirements. Read more

The Norwegian Embassy in Colombo handles applications for Schengen visa to all Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland,Sweden) and Lithuania. The same application procedure applies for all countries. The country for where to apply is where the longest stay will be during the planned visit. If the length of stay in several planned visited countries are equal, the first country of entry applies. Read more

If you intend to stay in Norway for more than 90 days, or if you are going to work while in Norway, you need a Residence or Work Permit. Read more

Due to update of exchange rates and changes in the Norwegian fee scheme the following fees will take effect from 1st March 2016. Read more

Introduction of Visa Information System (VIS) Read more

On 2 June 2016 the Danish Parliament has passed a bill to Repeal the Greencard Scheme (Law 169) and has also passed a bill introducing changes to the Pay Limit Scheme (Law 168). Both bills will come into effect as of 10 June 2016.  9 June is the last day one can hand in applications for a Greencard. From 10 June it will no longer be possible to submit new applications for a Gre Read more